Homemade raft for fishing
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
How to make a raft for fishing with your own hands
It often happens that you have to fish somewhere in a distant body of water. And there are no floating craft there. Or they are too bulky to get there. A way out of this situation can be a simple design, very compact and rather lightweight. homemade raft... For example: from balloons ...
Early in the morning I went to the forest lake, where the day before I put the vents and scattered the mugs over the water area. Even on the way to the lake, I heard people talking to each other somewhere very close. "Who has this brought here so early," I thought anxiously. After all, it was in the place where the voices were heard that my homemade raft of car cameras was hidden. I quickened my pace and, having rounded the pile of massive rocks, I saw two guys and a girl on the bank, sitting by the dying fire.
Approaching them, I greeted and asked in surprise what brought them into this wilderness?
- We want to explore this lake ... - explained a young man in a bright orange T-shirt. And, having finished his tea, he added: - We'll just collect the raft.
The word "raft" had a magical effect on me ... I am very interested in any floating craft, I have seen a great many of them. I am especially attracted by the originality of the design and the way of moving on the water. "What are they going to build the raft from?" - I thought, looking around. But I didn't see anything special ... Two large backpacks, about a dozen different sticks and poles, several thin boards. That, perhaps, was all they had.
Meanwhile, the second guy, tall in jeans, a baseball cap and a girl in shorts, pulled out of their backpacks two plastic and one rubberized bags, a roll of thick rope and a small tightly packed bag. When they unfolded the packages, they turned into bags, and in the bag there were ... ordinary balloons. Having poured the balloons on the ground, the three of them began to inflate them. Moreover, they filled with air a little more than half.
- Why bother if I have a car pump? I suggested.
- It is not necessary, - the tall guy answered, and having inflated another balloon, he explained: - Everything is checked with us, it's faster.
Inflating the balloons, they immediately stuffed them into sacks and, as a result, got three original pontoons. Each of them is 60-70 centimeters in diameter and about two and a half meters long. Having finished filling the bags, the guys tied them up and pulled them together with a piece of rope. (see Figure 1) Moreover, the rubberized bag was in the middle.
Then they laid five poles across the pontoons, fastening the whole structure round with a rope. After carefully checking all the nodes, they dragged the structure to the water. At the very edge, a tall guy stumbled and fell to the ground with the pontoon. And immediately there was a loud hiss of pierced balls.
The guys, not paying attention to the hiss, laughingly lowered the pontoons into the water, sat down on them and began to swing. But the structure behaved like a cork and was submerged in water by less than a quarter. Having clearly demonstrated the reliability of its floating craft, the company tied planks to the pontoons, and when fully assembled, their raft looked like in Figure 2.
1. Ball pontoon.
3. Flooring boards.
While they were settling down, putting their belongings on the raft, I quickly brought my raft of two car tires, pumped it up with a pump, hoping that they would appreciate it. However, this did not happen ...
- In your raft, it is enough to pierce at least one camera - and the point is the seams, - skeptically looking at my raft, concluded the guy in a bright orange T-shirt. - And this will never happen to us. Not only do we have a lot of balloons, but we also inflate them weakly, which gives additional plasticity. And the carrying capacity is much higher ...
- Oh, whether! - I could not resist.
- Sit down with us and see, - suggested the girl.
I followed her advice ... Under the weight of four people, the raft sank no more than a third of its height. My raft, on the other hand, could hardly bear two. Moreover, it was very unstable. On that we said goodbye. Looking at the sailing raft, I thought that apart from the fishing itself, it could well be used for spending the night for anglers on cold ground.
This raft design is a testament to the inexhaustible imagination of tourists and fishermen. Each of them is able to build their own floating craft, which may well replace a bulky standard boat.
Anglers who prefer to fish from a boat need an anchor. Usually for this purpose they use a stone, some suitable piece of iron, or simply stick a stake into the bottom.
However, there is a more "civilized" way of making an anchor. To do this, you just need an old, not necessary for you, not very deep aluminum bowl. It is necessary to drill or punch (with a core, a thick nail) a hole for the bolt in it and fix it on both sides with nuts (see Figure 3).
Figure 3 - homemade anchor
The result is a collapsible anchor that fits well into soft soil and reliably clings to the unevenness of the bottom. And at the same time it is easily removed from the most intricate places.
I will clarify: the bowl should be selected as large as possible.
Floating flower beds are makeshift islands planted with ornamental plants. Unusual flower beds, drifting on the water surface or fixed in a certain place, are recognized as a global trend in landscape design. How to choose the right plants and necessary materials? What technology should you follow when creating an original decor? This is described in the article.
Floating flower beds are a hit of landscape design
The original design of a modern garden flower bed is floating flower beds. The water surface seems to come to life - it reflects the movement and bright highlights of the island. The innovative method of decorating artificial reservoirs, pools and ponds has become a real hit in landscape design over the past ten years. Floating flower beds are used by both professional decorators and amateurs to decorate their summer cottage and personal plot.
The demand for flower islands is explained by a number of significant advantages:
- Water purification function. The roots of moisture-loving plants absorb organic matter, acting as a biological filter. This cleaning prevents algae growth and cloudiness of the water.
- Unpretentious care. "Aquatic" plants do not need to be watered regularly like traditional flower beds on land. Moisture constantly flushes the root system of flowers. The exception is flower beds made from plants that react negatively to high humidity. For such a flower garden, you need to equip a solid bottom and water as usual.
- Benefits for the inhabitants of the reservoir. Frogs and turtles will be able to rest on a small island, and fish will hide in the shade of plants from the scorching sun. The unusual raft will attract the attention of birds, butterflies and dragonflies.
- Preservation of the form. The mini-garden can be set to any configuration, while after a while the shape will remain the same - the plants simply will have nowhere to grow.
- Protection from animals. Floating beds are inaccessible to most pests (moles, ants, bears and mice). Therefore, on the water, you can equip not only flower beds, but also a mini-vegetable garden. The harvest will be safe.
To make floating flower beds with your hands, you will need to pick up a moisture-resistant floating base. Lay a sealant on it, compact the soil, plant flowers or shrubs.
The choice of plants and materials for the device of a flower bed
Obviously, moisture-loving plants and flowers growing on the shores of reservoirs will become the best option for a "water" flower bed. These include: marsh irises, rulers, heucheras, cyperus, astilbe, formium, forget-me-nots, swimsuit or calla lilies. Suitable for decorating a floating island: marigold, calla, cotton grass and sedge. When choosing plants, consider the size of the flowers in adulthood.
It is interesting on such hills that creeping shrubs look like cranberries or cloudberries. Ground cover varieties will hide the edges of the structure and give it a natural look. Water-loving plants can be placed in small stones or hydrogel. However, in this case, the flowers must receive sufficient nourishment from the water.
Important! Giving preference to flowers that do not tolerate excess moisture, it is necessary to choose specimens with a superficial root system.
To create a flower bed with your own hands, any material that keeps afloat is suitable. It is necessary to prepare a container for planting a flower garden and choose a method of fixing it. When solving these issues, some nuances must be taken into account:
- The dimensions of the structure are selected depending on the size of the pond and the planted plants.
- The immersion depth depends on the type of shrubs and flowers. Land plants are submerged 7 cm so that the water does not wash out the soil. Swamp and water specimens can be planted in containers up to 12 cm deep.
- The immersion level of the structure can be conveniently adjusted using gravel.
- The board container must be saturated with moisture protection before immersion in water.
- Arrange a miniature flower bed with the help of plastic five-liter bottles. Make several small holes in the bottom and cover with geotextile. A similar technology is used to create an island from a plastic basin.
- A simple option is to use a rubber tire. A plastic mesh or agrofibre is drawn as the bottom.
- Buoyancy can be given to materials with the help of polyurethane foam, polystyrene or homemade "buoys" from plastic bottles.
DIY technologies for making a floating flower bed in the country
The algorithm for creating floating flower beds and flower beds with your own hands depends on the selected material for the base. Let's consider in detail the sequence of making and fixing different variations of flower islands.
Flower garden on water from a non-woven filter
To implement the conceived project you will need:
- non-woven polyester fiber filter material
- polyurethane foam
- thick cardboard sheet
- construction knife and thick needle
- strong line
- soil and ornamental shrubs, grass and flowers for planting.
- Prepare a design sketch - draw and cut out of cardboard.
- Attach the template to the filter material, trace and cut out the blank. To "increase" the height of the flower bed, several filter cloths must be connected together.
- Fix the workpieces together by sewing the layer with a fishing line. It is necessary to lay the seams not along the perimeter, but in the center of the workpiece.
- If necessary, trim the contour of the future island with scissors or a knife.
- Prepare a recess in the center of the flower bed. Along the edges, there should be sides that hold the soil mixture.
- To increase the buoyancy of the flower garden, it is necessary to fill it with polyurethane foam. Make 4-5 punctures and fill the holes with foam.
- After the foam has completely dried, it is necessary to check the structure for buoyancy.
- Mix the soil with peat and fill the filter pores with the mixture.
- Moisten the soil and plant flowers.
- Decorate the sides of the island with moss or weaving plants.
- Immerse the flower bed in the reservoir and fix it.
Features of the use of an oven filter
It is quite simple to make an aquaclumba from an oven filter. Before work, you should prepare:
- reusable oven filters
- soft wire for fastening parts
- construction foam
- staples and scissors
- a spray of green paint.
The sequence of creating a "water" flower bed:
- Think over the planting scheme and cut holes in one filter - the place for the flowers.
- Fold the two filter sheets together and fix them with brackets around the perimeter.
- Foam the void between the layers, leaving holes for planting. Apply the foam with light pressure in small portions so that it does not break the filter material.
- It is advisable to repaint the base of the flower bed in green - this will give naturalness and naturalness to the finished composition.
- Attach a wire to the "island" to adjust the position of the flower bed in the pond.
- Carefully remove the plants from the pot, keeping the soil on the roots. Place flowers in the holes and lower the composition into the water.
- Hide the wire behind the stones on the shore.
Floating foam island: step by step instructions
It is easiest to create flower beds with your own hands from improvised means using foam. You can use parts of the packaging from a TV, washing machine or other household items.
Advice. To create a flower island, it is best to purchase a facade foam plastic of the PSB-S-25F brand with a thickness of 200 mm.
In addition to the basis for creating a floating flower bed, you need to prepare:
- galvanized coconut fiber
- soil for planting flowers
- needle, fishing line / thread.
- Prepare a layout and transfer the sketch to a foam sheet.
- Following the marking line, cut out the shape of the flower bed. To facilitate the process, it is better to preheat the scissor blade.
- Spread the coconut fabric over the base, cut along the contour and fix with fishing line or carpet thread.
- Moisten the soil and rub it into the fiber.
- Plant shrubs and flowers.
- Put the finished flower bed into the reservoir.
Flower beds made of wood and plastic bottles
An unusual flower bed for decorating a small pond can be made from boards and plastic bottles. Despite the primitiveness of the materials used, the result is a "flower raft". To prevent the structure from sinking and holding it for a long time, it is important not to overdo it with the size of the flower bed. The best option is no more than 1 sq.m.
- any boards and wooden blocks
- plastic bottles for buoyancy "islands" - the capacity and the amount of capacity are selected depending on the weight of the raft with land / flowers approximate calculation: 1.5-liter bottle per 1 kg
- rope, silicone sealant, nails
- waterproof impregnation for wood
- Cut the boards, coat with protective coating and prepare the frame. Strengthen the structure with stiffeners - you can use wooden blocks with a section of 4 * 4 cm.
- Fill the boardwalk and check the evenness of the surface with a building level.
- Along the perimeter of the raft, create sides from the beams.
- Prepare the bottles: treat the caps with silicone and tighten securely.
- Attach the bottle to the bottom of the raft one by one. It is necessary to evenly distribute the "air cushions" so that the structure does not skew in one direction or the other on the water.
- To increase the buoyancy, it is advisable to "foam" the joints between the bottles.
The raft is completely ready for the swim. It remains only to cover the bottom with geotextiles, fill in the earth and plant flowers evenly. Such a design can be used not only for arranging a floating flower bed. Glowing lanterns, figurines of animals or feeders for aquatic pets are installed on the raft.
Flowerbeds-pots from noodles and flower pots
Another affordable option for creating beautiful flower beds with your own hands is the use of flower pots and noodles for swimming and water aerobics. In addition to the listed elements, you will also need coconut fiber for work.
- Disconnect the planter from the hangers, if such are provided in the pot model. Seal existing holes with silicone.
- Wrap the noodle around the planter, measure the desired length and cut off the excess.
- Fix the noodle with wire, passing it through the holes for the hangers.
- Moisten the coconut fiber slightly and place inside the flowerpot.
- Stretch the edges of the coconut to position and strengthen the plants. For more secure fixation, you can additionally spread moss.
- Lower the flower garden into the reservoir. If the pot goes under water, then you can remove a couple of plants or add another noodle.
Methods for fixing a miniature garden on the water
The flower garden can be released into free swimming - so it will look very natural. But, as a rule, for the purpose of convenient maintenance, the flower beds are fixed by one of the following methods.
Attachment to the bottom. The retainer (wire, rope with a weight) is installed in the center of the bottom of the structure. The length of the rope with the anchor determines the trajectory of the "island" movement.
Locking on the shore allows you to pull up a homemade raft at any time for maintenance or changing its location. The rope is attached to the side wall of the flower bed - this is to protect the flower garden from being thrown over in case of strong gusts of wind.
Arrangement of a floating flower garden: useful tips
- An affordable alternative to coconut fiber linen is moss.
- It is advisable to install a filter under the roots of the planted plants - it will prevent the ingress of harmful impurities to the roots. This requirement is relevant for swimming pools.
- It is visually more attractive if the anchor is located at the bottom, and not on the shore of the reservoir.
- Instead of foam, styrofoam or expanded polystyrene is suitable.
- In reservoirs with fish, you can refuse to use soil. The complex of nutrients, macro- and microelements, plants will receive from water.
- Open parts of the structure can be decorated with mesh, branches, leaves or flowers.
- On the flower beds, you can place battery-powered LED flashlights. The lighting mode is set by the remote control.
Ready floating flower beds: the issue price
If there is no time for the realization of creative abilities, then you can purchase a ready-made flower bed-island. In the domestic market, such models are quite rare, but foreign manufacturers have been very successful in this matter.
The most affordable option is a compact flower bed (Laguna) made of woven floating material 25 cm in diameter and costs $ 10. A larger model (40 cm in diameter for 3 pots of 15 cm), tipping-proof in the pool, costs $ 35.
Expensive specimens starting at $ 70 are suitable for use in all decorative and agricultural ponds, as well as swimming pools. Islandscape flower beds function as a biological filter for small bodies of water.
DIY flower beds: photo ideas
The design of the reservoir can be constantly changed by adding new decorative flower beds and planting bright flowers on them. Examples of spectacular do-it-yourself flower beds from scrap materials (photos and videos) are given below.
DIY flower beds: photos in landscape design
Every amateur angler will tell you that fishing from the shore is good, but even better from a boat or raft. You don't have a boat or a raft yet? Not a problem: if you are lazy yourself, then ask one of the children to make a raft out of plastic bottles. Let him collect the empty plastic bottles of one and a half liters, which are always full of the surrounding landscape, lying underfoot.
Have them fill four plastic beer bottle crates (20 bottles each) with the corks at the bottom of the crates. Let the child not be worried if the bottles have to be pushed by force and at the same time they are slightly deformed. The buoyancy of the raft is ensured.
It remains to build the hull and deck.
The body can be a modified old clamshell from a closet or from a landfill (it is made of aluminum and therefore very light). One ordinary board will serve as a deck. The result is a homemade raft (see picture) that can support the weight of one adult angler or two boys. True, some of the legs (ankle-deep) will be in the water, but you can wear rubber boots.
Making a homemade raft
The construction of the "ship" should be started from the hull. If the folding bed is intact, it must be used: it will serve as a soft deck. If the canvas is torn, its remnants must be removed along with the springs. With a hacksaw for metal, it is necessary to saw off the arc of the headboard at the very hinges.
This arc must be attached to two halves of the frame (like a tire when an arm or leg is broken), so that the frame does not fold in the middle, but is one piece. For fastening, you can use annealed steel wire (which bends well and does not break) with a diameter of one and a half to two millimeters. With pliers, you need to make four twists on each side.
For more chic when fastening, you can use clamps (the same amount). In addition, the clamps will allow you to disassemble the raft into two halves, which will facilitate its transportation.
Now you need to attach the float boxes. They must be tied with twine (preferably nylon, so as not to be afraid of dampness) at the four corners of the clamshell. The upper belt of the longer wall of each drawer must be tied to the tube of the clamshell frame, and the lower belt to one of the outer arcs - the legs of the clamshell.
To make the load on the structure more uniform, it is necessary to turn the legs in the hinges to a position perpendicular to the frame before tying them. To strengthen the floats, you can slightly tighten the upper belts of the boxes in the middle with a millimeter wire.
The deck, which is also a seat, can be made of a board 20 cm wide. The thickness can be 2-3 cm, and the length is greater than the distance between the extreme arcs - the legs. In our case, the clamshell lies with its legs up. The seat board must be passed under the middle leg so that it rests on top of the two extreme ones. The board must be aligned with the axis of the cot and tied tightly with a rope or wire to the middle leg.
Now your homemade clamshell raft is ready. If the described technology of its construction is strictly observed, then it will have decent stability, it will be reliable in operation and easy to repair.
A double-sided kayak paddle works best as a paddle. You can swim in shallow water simply by pushing off with a pole.
Note that by tying two additional float boxes to the middle leg, it is possible to increase the "vessel displacement" to 180 kg.
Developing imagination, the raft can be turned into a sailboat: the mast can be attached with clamps to the middle arch - the leg.
Anyway, your child managed to effortlessly make a raft out of plastic bottles.
Happy sailing! No feather, no scales!
And this can also be useful to you:
Now watch this helpful video:
Do-it-yourself raft from canisters 8 photos
High-quality and difficult to sink raft, can be made from cans. Of course, the more, the better, but 40 cans is enough to keep two people afloat. To build it, you will need boards 50x160 cm, cans, rope or tape, enthusiasm.
To strengthen the structure, you can use a metal tape for packaging and several boards measuring 30x155 cm, which are attached to the finished frame. It is advisable to cover the boards from deformation with paint or glue.
Budgetary, relatively fast option. Dismantled the neighbor's fence, took the rope with the cans and go for it.
This raft requires 28 cans. At least cross the sea.
Another budget option, the main thing is that the canisters are intact, and there, you see, will not drown.
Combined version of canisters with bottles, which are combined into blocks. The only thing missing is a canopy from the sun.
This amount will be enough for one person for sure. The main thing is to do everything carefully and not to hurt the canisters.
Combo, not budget, but worth it. Finish the chairs, canopy, and you can start excursions.
Homemade raft for fishing - garden and vegetable garden
Country homemade products
Homemade products for a summer residence, a garden and a vegetable garden
Homemade products for a summer residence are perhaps one of the most popular homemade products, especially in the spring and summer. It is very pleasant to periodically update this section with information. the owners of dachas, country houses, cottages, houses, vegetable gardens, orchards are the most hardworking people with golden hands, who love to create homemade products with their own hands, run a household, take care of the land, plants and trees. We hope you will appreciate the section "Homemade products for summer cottages and gardens". Each article is the most faithful guide-guide for you, supplied with high-quality photos, ideas, step-by-step instructions, tips, examples. Do not forget to also look into the subsection "Garden and vegetable garden, dacha" of the main section "Books and magazines".
Homemade raft on cameras.
You have decided to spend your summer on the shore rivers or lakes? You don't have your own floating craft! Alas, boats or catamarans are expensive. Take advantage of the design of a shallow-draft tourist raft, invented and tested in hiking by V. Litvinov from Berezniki, Perm Region. Its construction of a raft can withstand 5-6 people with backpacks, it has an enviable stability even on a steep wave. The assembly technology is extremely simple - take a look at the picture.
Have you made up your mind? Stock up on 6-10 car cameras with a diameter of 1-1.5 meters. You will also need wooden poles, scraps of duralumin pipes and steel or duralumin strips about 10 cm wide.
Start assembly from the base. Wooden poles - three 5 m long and four 1.7 m long (diameter at least 6 cm) - lay as shown in the figure and knock down with nails.
Now let's take care of the main deck and the "captain's" bridges. As you can see, they represent three shields from poles knocked down in a selection. Make the main deck first. On two hewn poles with a length of 1.7 m, spread the poles or, even better, trimming two-meter boards with a thickness of 20 mm, in a selection, and knock them down with nails. "Captain's" bridges are made in the same way. The design is shown in the figure.
Willow rods will serve as supports for the awning. Start assembling the raft after installing them. First, tie the inflatable chambers to the base with ropes, then install the main deck and "captain's" bridges. Make the sides from four hewn poles, and the awning from a piece of polyethylene.
Place the supports of the rowing (steering oars) on the bridges diagonally: on the front - on the right, and on the back - on the left. Bend them out of three duralumin pipes and reinforce them with two strips of duralumin or steel. Make the paddles themselves from 250 cm long poles, and the blades from aluminum sheets or plywood. Choose the sizes yourself.
On such a raft, you can comfortably go fishing, if necessary, you can spend the night with a supply of warm clothes or sleeping bags.
It remains to lower the raft into the water. Good luck to you!