Instructions for use of the drug Baytril for rabbits
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Rabbits are often bred in the household because the meat of these animals tastes good and their skin is of great value. And in food, these animals are not whimsical enough. But everything would be fine if it were not for the high susceptibility of rabbits to various infectious diseases. And this happens due to the inexperience and ignorance of the owner of the farm.
Experienced rabbit breeders advise doing prophylaxis to rabbits from the first month of life., Baytril can be used as a prophylactic agent. This drug helps prevent and cure infectious diseases. So for what indications is it worth using? What is the correct way to give to young and adult individuals? Let's take a look at the detailed instructions for this tool.
What is Bytril used for?
Baytril is a medicine that belongs to a universal type of drug used to treat various diseases in rabbits with an infectious course. This antimicrobial agent has a wide range of effects. It can be used both for treatment and prevention of infections.
Baytril is indicated for the following infectious diseases:
- For treatment myxomatosis;
- Infectious respiratory system damage;
- Infectious stomach diseases and intestines;
- Infectious lesions of the genitourinary system;
- For pneumonia treatment with a bacterial or enzootic character;
- With rhinitis atrophic type;
- With others infectious pathologistsd, which are caused by pathogens with a high level of sensitivity to fluoroquinolones. In diseases with a mixed nature and infections of the secondary type that arose during diseases of the viral type.
Composition and release form of the drug
The main component of the drug is enrofloxacin.
IN depending on the dosage, 1 ml of Baytril contains:
- With a dosage of 2.5% contains 25 mg of enrofloxacin;
- With a dosage of 5% - 50 mg of enrofloxicin;
- With a dosage of 10% - 100 mg of enrofloxicin.
The composition includes additional components:
- Potassium hydroxide;
- Water for injections.
Regardless of the dosage, the agent bytril is available as a solution with a light yellow color that has a transparent structure. Sterile. On sale, it is found in 100 ml bottles made of a brown glass base. The vials are placed in a cardboard box. There is a marking on the packaging and bottles... The marking consists of the name of the product, the manufacturer, the address, the serial number, the date of issue, the indication of the storage conditions (from 5 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius above zero), the indication of the expiration date (usually no more than 3 years), TU. The package contains instructions. After opening, the medicine can be stored for 28 days, but not more.
Pharmacological properties of the drug
The main component of the drug is enroflaxicin. This substance belongs to the group of fluoroquinolones. It has a wide spectrum of antimycoplasmic and antibacterial effects on infectious agents. When ingested, it inhibits the growth and development of bacteria. These bacteria include the following microorganisms:
The principle of the mechanism of action of the main component is based on the effect of the enzyme gyrase with inhibited activity on the replication of the DNA helix, which is located in the nucleus of the bacterial cell.
During injection, the drug is rapidly absorbed into all tissues, and instantly spreads throughout the animal's body. Duration of concentration the drug in the blood is 30-40 minutes. The level of therapeutic concentration in the body lasts up to 24 hours. The drug is excreted by the kidneys unchanged.
Instructions for use of the drug
How to apply for babies
Before you start using Baytril, you should pay attention to the symptoms of the course of an infectious disease. Cubs should be given baytril for healingif they have the following symptoms:
- Rabbits become lethargic;
- Bad or complete lack of appetite;
- Emergence diarrhea;
- Individuals sneeze and cough;
- Increased watery eyes;
- Allocations from the eyes and nose;
- Rabbits are constantly sit motionless in the corner of the cage;
- Increased body temperature... Their skin is hot to the touch, sometimes even fiery.
Therefore, so that these symptoms do not lead to death, and the disease does not turn into a severe stage, timely treatment is necessary... In addition, the use of Baytril will help protect against the appearance of infections, so it can be used for preventive treatment.
Before starting treatment, it is worth doing the following mandatory preparatory actions:
- Sick individuals are deposited from healthy rabbits... It is best to transplant them into a separate cage;
- Cellwhere the animals are kept, good cleaned and poured with hot water;
- Drinkers should be rinsedb and change the water in them to clean;
- Litter in cells it is cleaned;
- Residues of feed, grass, hay, vegetables constantly thrown out.
How to use Baytril for babies:
- Applying Baytril to the Hatchlings starts at the age of one month;
- If you have infections the drug is used as an injection... Because this method provides the greatest absorption of the drug;
- Better to introduce in the back of the thigh a rabbit;
- Dose of medication with 5% dosage, for babies is 1-2 mg;
- A course of treatment is 5 days;
- For preventive treatment the drug is added to the water. For 10 liters of water, add 5 ml of 10% bytril. However, this method of application can seriously harm the microflora of the animal.
After the introduction of baitril to rabbits, it is not advisable to eat their meat for 15 days. If the animals died at this time, then it is recommended to destroy them, but it is better to burn them.
How to give the drug to adults
Before you start treatment of adult rabbits Bytril preparation should also be addressed to the general condition of the individuals. If you notice that the animals have become less active, their appetite has disappeared, their temperature has risen, and diarrhea has developed, then this will be the main signal that your pets have contracted some kind of infectious disease. Appropriate measures are immediately taken to eliminate them.
It is better to secure your offspring in advance from infection with infections and to carry out prophylaxis using the drug Baytril.
It is best to pre-protect your rabbit offspring from infection with infectious diseases. It is advisable to carry out prophylaxis once a year with the injection of Bayox. Do not forget about nutrition, it must be balanced and contain a high level of vitamins and nutrients.
Without fail Before starting treatment, take the following measures:
- Sick animals are better off in a separate cell, otherwise they will infect other healthy individuals;
- The cage, which contains the rabbits, is carefully cleaned and cleared of all debris. She's all poured with hot water;
- Drinking bowls are all well rinsedI, the water in them must always be clean;
- Remains of feed mixtures, grass, vegetables are periodically cleaned.
How to apply baytril for adults:
- Adults are given with the help injection;
- It should be entered in the back of the thigh a rabbit;
- Adult rabbits a 5% drug is introduced at a dosage of 5 mg;
- A course of treatment should be no more than 5 days;
- As a preventive measure it is added to water, 5 ml of 10% bytril is added to 10 liters.
Generally the drug Baytril is well tolerated by rabbits... If you follow the dosage and course of treatment exactly, then side effects do not occur. Sometimes, while taking the medicine with water, problems associated with upsetting the work of the gastrointestinal tract can be observed, but they quickly pass. This is due to the fact that the constituent components of the drug affect the microflora of the stomach of rabbits.
Baytril is contraindicated in rabbits under the following conditions:
- Not recommended for females during pregnancy and lactation;
- Newborn cubs;
- To animals that have increased sensitivity to the active ingredient of the drug;
- Individuals with pathology of the nervous system;
- With hepatic and renal impairment;
- If any cartilage damage.
It is not recommended to use with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs:
average cost in many veterinary pharmacies, one 100 ml bottle of Baytril with dosages of 2.5% and 5% ranges from 260 rubles to 380 rubles. The cost of the drug for one bottle of 100 ml with a dosage of 10% ranges from 600 rubles to 770 rubles.
Using bytril for the treatment and prevention of various infectious diseases in rabbits should be performed according to the instructions. It is advisable to use it once a year to protect your offspring from being affected by various dangerous infectious diseases. Also, do not forget to observe the correct conditions for keeping animals during treatment. The feed during this period should contain the necessary vitamins to enhance the immune system of the animals.
A generic medicine is attributed to diagnoses such as:
- necrotizing enteritis
- Proteus syndrome
- mixed infections, viruses
For the treatment of birds, the drug is administered orally. In all other cases, a subcutaneous injection is administered.
It is worth knowing that the active ingredient of Baytril is enrofloxacin. It is under this name that the international community knows him. 1 ml of a 5% solution contains up to 50 mg of a pure antibiotic, and a 10% solution contains 100 mg. Once in the bloodstream, the chemical compound quickly penetrates the tissues of organs, and then into the cells of bacteria. At this stage, enrofloxacin "interferes" with the work of DNA, disrupting its replication. This interrupts the growth and reproduction of viruses, bacteria and microbes.
In 20-30 minutes after the injection, the concentration of the drug in the blood reaches its maximum level. It retains its therapeutic ability for 24 hours.
Composition and properties
The composition contains enrofloxacin. The substance penetrates deeply into the organism of bacteria, destroying their DNA. This prevents bacteria from multiplying. Penetration into the blood of the animal is quite fast. Baytril is not excreted from the body for 7 hours. After 7 hours, the drug is excreted naturally.
The medication is used for diseases of domestic chickens, pigeons, as well as for the treatment of small calves and rabbits.
Baytril is used to combat bacteria and microorganisms:
- clostridia and many others.
- If there is Salmonella in the body, the drug is used to treat poultry. Before reaching three weeks of age, turkeys should be given 0.5 grams, diluted in 1 liter of water.
- Chickens up to five weeks of age are given 0.5 grams, diluted in 1 liter of water.
- Chickens and turkeys that have reached three weeks of age are given 0.10 ml, diluted in 1 liter of water. The solution for birds must be changed periodically.
Baytil is also used in the treatment of domestic pigeons. For them, the daily rate is calculated by the weight of the bird. One pigeon weighs about 300 grams. The dose will be 5 mg.
Rabbits heal very quickly. Therefore, the course of treatment is short. Just a week. The rabbits are soldered off twice a day. The calculation of the medication is carried out at the rate of 1 ml per 10 kilograms of rabbit weight.
When treating a parrot, Baytril is diluted in a proportion of 0.25 ml per 50 ml of pure water. The medicine is diluted once a day, changing the water each time. The treatment lasts for 5 days.
Piglets are treated with a solution of 7.5 ml of the drug in 100 liters of water, calculated for 100 kilograms of weight. Piglets are given the medicine once.
Baytril is also suitable for the treatment of calves. The drug must be diluted in a proportion of 2.5 ml in 100 liters of water. Calculation per 100 kg. The treatment takes place within 5 days.
(Manufacturing organization FGU "ARRIAH",
Vladimir, md. Yuryevets, Vladimir region)
1. Baytril 5% (Baytril 5%) injection solution.
Synonyms: Enroxil, Enroflon.
2. The drug as an active ingredient in 1 ml contains 50 mg of enrofloxacin and auxiliary components: potassium oxide hydrate, n-butanol, water for injection.
3. The drug is a sterile, transparent solution of light yellow color.
4. Baytril 5% solution for injection is produced, packaged in 100 ml each in brown glass vials, packed in cardboard boxes.
Each bottle and cardboard box is marked with an indication of the manufacturing organization, its address and trademark, the name and purpose of the drug, the name and content of the active substance, the amount of the drug in the bottle, the method of application, batch number, date of manufacture, expiration date, storage conditions, designation TU, the inscriptions "For animals", "Sterile" and supplied with instructions for use.
Store Baytril 5% solution for injection with precautions (list B) in a dry, dark place at a temperature of 5 to 25 ° C.
The shelf life of the drug, subject to storage conditions, is 3 years from the date of manufacture, after opening the bottle - 28 days.
II. PHARMACOLOGICAL PROPERTIES
5. Enrofloxacin, which is part of the drug, belongs to the group of fluoroquinolones, has a wide spectrum of antibacterial and antimycoplasmic action, inhibits the growth and development of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, incl. Escherichia coli , Haemophilus , Pasteurella , Salmonella , Staphylococcus , Streptococcus , Clostridium , Bordetella , Campylobacter , Cor in nebacterium , Pseudomonas , Proteus , as well as Mycoplasma spp .
The mechanism of action of enrofloxacin is to inhibit the activity of the enzyme gyrase, which affects the replication of the DNA helix in the nucleus of a bacterial cell.
With parenteral administration of the drug, enroflcosacin is well and quickly absorbed from the injection site and penetrates into all organs and tissues of the body. The maximum concentration of enrofloxacin in the blood is reached after 20-40 minutes, the therapeutic concentration is maintained for 24 hours after the administration of the drug, it is excreted from the body mainly unchanged, and is partially metabolized into ciprofloxacin and excreted in urine and feces.
6. Baytril 5% solution for injection according to the degree of impact on the body refers to moderately hazardous substances (hazard class 3 according to GOST 12.1.007-76), in recommended doses it is well tolerated by animals, does not have embryotoxic, teratogenic and hepatotoxic effects.
7. Baytril 5% solution for injection is used in calves, pigs and dogs with a therapeutic purpose for infections of the respiratory system, gastrointestinal tract, genitourinary system, septicemia, colibacillosis, salmonellosis, streptococcosis, bacterial and enzootic pneumonia, atrophic rhinitis, mastitis-metritis syndrome -agalactia and other diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to fluoroquinolones, as well as in mixed infections and secondary infections in viral diseases.
eight.The drug is administered once a day to calves and dogs subcutaneously, pigs - intramuscularly in the following doses:
• calves and pigs - 1 ml per 20 kg of animal weight (2.5 mg of enrofloxacin per 1 kg of body weight) within 3 - 5 days; pigs with mastitis-metritis-agalactia syndrome - within 1 - 2 days
• for dogs - 1 ml per 10 kg of animal weight (5 mg of enrofloxacin per 1 kg of body weight) for 5 days, for chronic and severe diseases - up to 10 days.
Due to the possible painful reaction, the drug should not be administered in one place to large animals in a volume exceeding 5 ml, and to small animals in a volume exceeding 2.5 ml.
If there is no improvement in the clinical condition after using the drug for 3 to 5 days, it is recommended to re-check the sensitivity of microorganisms isolated from a sick animal to fluoroquinolones or replace Baytril with another antibacterial drug.
9. When using Baytril 5% solution for injection in accordance with this instruction, side effects and complications are usually not observed. In some animals, after using the drug, a short-term dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract is possible.
10. The drug should not be used in animals with significant disorders in the development of cartilage tissue, as well as with lesions of the nervous system, accompanied by convulsions in puppies in the first year of life, until the end of their growth period, in females during pregnancy, as well as when microorganisms that are resistant to fluoroquinolones.
The simultaneous use of Baytril with chloramphenicol, macrolides, tetracyclines, theophylline and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is not allowed.
11. Slaughter of animals for meat is allowed 14 days after the last use of the drug.
12. The meat of animals that were forcedly killed before the expiration of the established period may be used for feeding fur-bearing animals or for the production of meat and bone meal.
13. When working with the drug, you should follow the general rules of personal hygiene and safety measures provided for when working with medicinal products for animals.
14. Baytril 5% solution for injection after the expiration date should not be used.
15. Baytril 5% solution for injection should be stored out of the reach of children.
Manufacturing organization: Federal State Institution "All-Russian Research Center for Animal Health" 600901, g. Vladimir, md. Yuryevets.
Recommended for registration in the Russian Federation by FGU VGNKI.
Instructions for use for young animals
For the treatment of rabbits, less medicine is used. If the use of the drug is prescribed inside, then buy a 10% solution of enrofloxacin. For those who are not yet 2.5 months old, 5 mg / kg per day is enough. It is better to give large rabbits 6-7 mg per kilogram of animal weight. From 3 to 5 months, the dosage is 8 mg / kg.
It is not recommended to inject the drug subcutaneously, since at this age rabbits are painfully tolerant of such procedures. In addition, the dosage is too high for the pet's small body.
Practically in all instructions for veterinary use, it is forbidden to use animals with developed cicatricial digestion, small calves do not count. Fluoroquinolones should not be used in hens, as the antibiotic accumulates in the eggs. I suppose that herbivorous rabbits also have a lot of bacteria and protozoa in the cecum, an analogue of the rumen of a cow. Maybe that's why there are no recommendations of any reputable developer for Bytril in relation to rabbits. Pay attention to the peculiarity of rabbit digestion - cecorophia, which is similar to cicatricial digestion of ruminants.
Do not use the drug in the following cases
The drug Baytril is characterized by standard contraindications for strong broad-spectrum antibiotics. So the use of the drug is contraindicated:
- It is better not to give the drug to females during gestation or lactation.
- Babies who have not reached the age of 1 month, as they have weak immunity.
- If animals have hypersensitivity to any component. This usually has to be determined empirically, since it is economically ineffective to test for each individual crawl. To eliminate serious side effects due to hypersensitivity, you should pay attention to the condition of the animal after the dose and, if it gets worse, then exclude the drug. Another option is to initially administer a small dose of medication and observe the crawl response. This can prevent the cause of death of some individuals.
- The emergence of pathological abnormalities in the nervous system, this manifests itself in the form of seizures or deviations in the movement of the animal.
- Violation in the organs of excretion and processing of substances, especially renal and hepatic insufficiency.
- When the cartilage tissue is subject to morphological changes.
- With extreme caution, Baytril should be combined with non-steroidal substances, for example Theophylline, Levomycetin, etc. Usually the dosage is slightly reduced and close monitoring of the state of the rabbit's body is carried out.
The use of the drug for the listed problems or conditions is completely excluded or the dose is reduced. In the absence of an alternative, Baytril can be used with these manifestations, but it is better to do this under the supervision of a veterinarian.
How much does the medicine cost, where can I get it?
This drug is sold at veterinary pharmacies. The price of Baytril depends on the volume of the package and the percentage of the active ingredient. The cost of a 100 ml bottle with 2.5% concentration of the active ingredient varies between 260-380 rubles. The same package of 5% Baytril can cost 380-430 rubles. The average price for a 10% solution is 600-700 rubles. Some manufacturers produce the drug in 5 ml ampoules. This packaging is convenient when you need to use the drug once.