Cocktail tomato Goldfish: fulfills the wishes of summer residents!
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Goldfish variety will fulfill three wishes of the gardener: it will grow a lot of tomatoes that will be tasty, and, importantly, beautiful. Orange tomato is rich in carotene and does not cause allergies, therefore it is useful for both adults and children.
About the origin and characteristics of the tomato Goldfish
The variety has been listed in the State Register of Breeding Achievements since 1999, and has been approved for cultivation in all regions of the Russian Federation. The company Gisok Agro is responsible for its safety. Seeds are also sold by other firms (Aelita, Sedek), but there are many complaints on the forums about misgrading. Therefore, it is better to buy a real Goldfish with the Gisok marking.
To be sure of quality, buy seeds from the author
Tomato Goldfish is intended for growing:
- in the middle zone of the Russian Federation, in the north and in Siberia - in greenhouses and under temporary shelter (greenhouses);
- in the south of the country - in the open field.
The variety is not grown on an industrial scale, created for amateur plots and small farms.
The Goldfish bush is indeterminate, that is, it is prone to continuous and unlimited growth. In the greenhouse, the tomato quickly reaches the ceiling, and in the open field it grows up to 1.5 m. The stems are not very powerful, rather thin, and require a garter.
A distinctive feature of the Goldfish is abundant fruiting on a fragile stem
In terms of ripening, the tomato is mid-ripening: 120 days pass from germination to the start of harvesting. The first inflorescence is laid quite high - above the 8-9 leaves, the subsequent ones - after three leaves. However, the fruit clusters are long, covering the empty spaces. During the ripening of the crop, the bushes, hung with orange garlands of fruits, look decorative.
Description of fruits, their purpose
By the type and size of the fruit, the Goldfish can be attributed to the cocktail tomatoes that are fashionable today (beautiful and small). Tomatoes have a cylindrical shape with a sharp nose. The average weight of each is 90 g, but there are specimens of 30 g and 120 g each.
Unripe fruits are green with a dark spot at the stalk; in full ripeness they turn bright orange. Only two seed chambers are hidden inside, the pulp is dense, juicy, with a good taste, usually sweet.
The nuances of taste depend on agricultural technology and weather: the more sun, the sweeter the fruit.
Unripe tomatoes have a dark green spot at the stalk, ripening, the fruits turn orange
The yield of one bush is 2.5–3 kg, and the yield of 1 m² of the garden is 8.7 kg. Goldenfish tomatoes are delicious fresh and can be served whole. Also, with their orange color, they will complement and decorate salads, snacks, assorted pickles. Salted tomatoes remain strong and beautiful.
The value of the variety: stable yield, high taste and increased content of beta-carotene in fruits, the suitability of fruits for whole-fruited canning, low susceptibility to late blight.
Despite this description from the State Register, the Goldfish still suffers from late blight, since its harvest ripens in a period favorable for the development of this disease: in late summer - early autumn. In addition, the fruit can be affected by apical rot.
Video: a review of the Goldfish tomato, a solution to the problem of top rot
Pros and cons of the variety
The main advantages of the Goldfish, which are noted by the gardeners themselves:
- decorativeness of the bush and fruits;
- good taste, tomatoes are sweet and fleshy;
- exuberant growth, which at first pleases;
- abundant fruiting.
There are also a few downsides:
- average ripening period, in regions with short summers, a small number of brushes have time to ripen;
- affected by diseases;
- when buying seeds, you often come across a re-grading.
Table: comparison with similar varieties with yellow and medium-sized fruits
Photo gallery: compared varieties of yellow tomatoes
The mid-season variety Goldfish is sown for seedlings in early March. Tall tomatoes show great vigor of growth already in the seedling period. They will overtake and shade other plants on the windowsill and take up a lot of space.
In addition to the traditional transplant, which is carried out when the first true leaves appear, 2-3 may be required, since the plants will quickly fill the cups or pots with roots.
Tall tomatoes during the seedling period require a lot of space on the windowsill, crowding each other
In addition, already at the sowing stage, the risk of infection with fungal diseases must be considered. Be sure to rinse the seeds in a purple solution of potassium permanganate, and disinfect the ground by spilling it well with boiling water, or heat it in the oven to 100 ° C. Till the soil a week before sowing.
Seeds can be germinated:
- Sow them in a common bowl to a depth of 1 cm according to a 3x5 cm pattern.
- At a temperature of about 25 ° C, seedlings will appear in 5-7 days.
- Transfer them to a light-colored windowsill. Optimum temperature for further growth: 20-25 ° C, at night not lower than 15 ° C.
- Seedling care consists in watering as the soil dries up and feeding, start doing them a week after transplanting into individual pots. Use ready-made mineral mixtures (Fertika, Agricola, Clean sheet) as fertilizers. In a greenhouse or greenhouse, you can water with not very pleasantly smelling organic matter, for example, infusion of droppings or nettles.
A week after transplanting into pots, you need to start feeding the seedlings with fertilizers
- Repeat feeding every 2 weeks.
Video: 5 main mistakes when growing tomato seedlings
Landing on the site
For the prevention of diseases, you need to responsibly approach the preparation of the beds for planting seedlings. Do not grow tomatoes in one place every year, you cannot plant them after potatoes, peppers and eggplants.
Every year, when choosing a place for planting, you must follow the rules of crop rotation.
If you plan to move the goldfish to a greenhouse where you constantly grow tomatoes, then replace the top 20-25 cm of soil or treat it and all surfaces, including garter strings, with a contact fungicide. The most common is Bordeaux mixture.
- Plant seedlings Goldfish according to the scheme 60x50 cm.
- In the greenhouse, form into 2 stems, in the open field - into one.
- Be sure to tie and re-tie the growing stems to stakes or trellises.
- As the bush grows, young leaves will appear, and new stepchildren will appear in their axils. Throughout the season, you will have to monitor this process and remove unnecessary shoots in time - the extra tops will take food from the bush, and the yield will decrease.
The stem of the Goldfish is long, there are many leaves, such stepsons will grow in the bosom of each
For the rest, caring for the Goldfish in the garden is reduced to the usual agricultural practices:
- water with warm, settled water as soon as you notice that the lower leaves have lost their elasticity and wilted: in the greenhouse - 1-2 times a week, in the open field the frequency depends on the weather;
- for the prevention of disease, add 1-2 tbsp to the watering can with each watering. l. Phytosporin concentrate;
- feed every 10-14 days with complex fertilizers for tomatoes, which contain potassium and trace elements, nitrogen-rich organic matter is not suitable for fruiting tomatoes;
- mulch the ground with dry straw, remove the leaves under the brushes with ripening tomatoes;
- when the temperature at night begins to drop to +13 ° C and below, pinch the tops and remove all flowering brushes - they will no longer have time to grow fruits.
Reviews of vegetable growers about the Goldfish
Goldfish is a beautiful and tasty tomato, but a little problematic to grow. We will have to not only take into account its features as a tall tomato, but also to prevent diseases.
I live in Siberia. I have my own house and my own plot) In the articles I share my experience, I learn something myself with you)
Rate the article:
(0 votes, average: 0 out of 5)
Share with your friends!
Fulfills the wishes of summer residents about a rich harvest - the "Goldfish" tomato and the secrets of its cultivation
Tomato is the most popular vegetable in the garden. It is delicious both fresh and canned, and many people love its juice. Red round tomatoes are traditionally grown everywhere, but if you want to try something new, plant bright, unusual and beautiful Golden Fish tomatoes.
Its original fruits will perfectly diversify your table and serve as a decoration for winter preparations. This variety is resistant to adverse weather conditions and has a high content of useful beta-carotene.
Description and characteristics of the variety
Variety tomato Andromeda F1 brought out in 1998 by the breeder of Russia A.A. Mashtakov. Among the 3 varieties of these tomatoes, the earliest ripening period has tomato pink Andromeda... The second subspecies is Golden Andromedawhich has large yellow fruits.
- Hybrid, what the F1 additive says in the name.
- Tomato variety Andromeda suitable for cultivation in greenhouses and open field.
- Early. The first ripe tomatoes can be harvested from the bushes after 92 -115 days from the moment of seed germination. Golden Andromeda tomatoes ripen in 104-112 days. Pink tomatoes ripen in 78-88 days. Tomatoes can be expected after the described time under favorable weather conditions. If the weather is cold and rainy, then the fruits ripen 4-12 days later. This time is enough for the plants to get stronger and grow well, and the first fruits of marketable ripeness appear on them.
- Determinant type of bush, in the open field the plant grows up to 75 cm in height. In the greenhouse, the bushes stretch up to 1m. The stems must be tied to a support or trellis.
- Not standard, has medium branching. In the subspecies pink Andromeda, ordinary leaves of a silvery-emerald color are formed on the bushes. In other subspecies, leaves of lighter colors are formed. Leaves are medium in size with slight corrugation. The peduncle is articulated.
- It is best to form bushes into 1 or 2 stems. When formed into 2 stems, the stepson is left under the first inflorescence. The rest are removed, leaving a 5-7 mm stump so as not to damage the main stem. This is necessary to keep yields high.
- A simple flower raceme is formed over 6 leaves, followed by 1-2 leaves. 5-6 tomatoes are tied on one brush.
- Productivity is high, Golden Andromeda brings 8.5-10 kg per sq. M, Pink a little less - 6-9 kg per sq. M.
- The plant is not resistant to late blight, therefore it is necessary to carry out preventive measures and adhere to the rules of agricultural technology.
- Poorly developed root system.
- The plant requires feeding during growth and fruit formation.
- Unpretentious in care, tolerates temperature changes well.
The Andromeda variety has 3 varieties:
Diseases and pests
"Ripe plum" is not immune to various viral diseases. Only the yellow subspecies of the variety is resistant to tobacco mosaic.
To obtain a good harvest, it is imperative to protect the bushes from viruses, fungi and insect pests.
For prophylaxis, seeds should be placed in a solution of boric acid or manganese before planting.
To protect against fungus, you need to follow a few tips:
- Do not plant bushes too close to each other to avoid infection.
- You need to provide plants with enough light
- Watering moderately
- Loosen the soil regularly
- Provide ventilation in greenhouses
- The soil cannot be oversaturated with fertilizers.