Interesting varieties of eggplant
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Read the previous part. ← Agrotechnics for growing eggplants
And now briefly about the varieties eggplantthat we have grown and grow on our site:
Alekseevsky - mid-early variety, cylindrical fruits of excellent taste, without bitterness, weighing 150-200 g, dark purple color, shiny. The variety is appreciated for the amicable ripening of fruits.
Diamond - one of the best mid-season varieties. A plant is formed with a height of 45-50 cm, a fruit weighing 100-160 g, cylindrical, dark purple, the pulp is dense, without bitterness.
Albatross - a mid-ripening variety (156-166 days), a plant 40-58 cm high, a shortened pear-shaped fruit 9-14 cm long, the color of a ripe fruit is brown-brown, the flesh is white, dense, without bitterness. Used for canning and home cooking. Fruit weight 300-450 g, keeping quality and transportability are excellent.
Astrakhan - superranium (75-85 days). The plant is compact, low, 45-55 cm, with early and friendly branching, compact arrangement of fruits in the lower part. Calyx without thorns. Fruit ripening is amicable. The fruit is cylindrical, in technical ripeness it is violet-white (purple bottom is white top), in biological it is violet-brown, of excellent taste, 10-15 cm long, 4-8 cm in diameter, weighing 100-170 g. Yield up to 8 kg / m2 ...
Banana - ultra-early ripening, forms a bush 40-55 cm high, fruits are dark purple, elongated-cylindrical, banana-shaped, milky white flesh, without bitterness.
hippopotamus - high-yielding, promising mid-season variety (100-110 days) with large fruits. For open and closed ground. The bush is powerful, compact. Fruits are oval-pear-shaped-round, 14-18 cm long, 8-11 cm in diameter, dark purple in color, weighing up to 500 g, and on average - 350 g. The pulp is yellowish-white, tender without bitterness. Productivity up to 5 kg per plant. Up to 8 fruits are poured at the same time.
White Night - mid-ripening (up to 115 days), compact plant 60-75 cm, white elongated pear-shaped fruits, 17-25 cm long, 7-10 cm in diameter, weighing up to 280 g. The pulp is snow-white without bitterness. Possesses complex disease resistance. Useful for the elderly, lowers cholesterol levels, removes excess fluid from the body.
White egg - early ripe variety, bush up to 50 cm tall for open ground. Fruits are spherical-ovoid, 5-7 cm long, 9-10 cm in diameter. The variety forms many medium-sized fruits weighing 120-130 g with a white color, the flesh is greenish-white with a mushroom flavor.
Bourgeois - a high-yielding, large-fruited early-ripening variety (105-110 days). Forms a powerful bush 50-70 cm high. Fruits are large, flat-rounded with glossy black-purple skin and white pulp. The shape and size of the fruit makes it possible to prepare a dish from one eggplant for the whole family, since its weight reaches 500 grams! The taste is very high, there is no bitterness. Culinary dishes They are distinguished by a special, delicate and moderately piquant taste, long-term fruiting.
Bull heart... Many gardeners know and love a tomato of the same variety. We hope that an eggplant with the same name will also live in your greenhouses for a long time. How can you not love him: large, rounded heart-shaped fruits look very beautiful on a bush.
Mushroom taste - lilac mid-season variety, bush up to 70 cm high, fruits weighing up to 250 g, white, cylindrical or slightly pear-shaped, milky white flesh, without bitterness, with a delicate mushroom aroma, thin skin.
Eastern Express - it is not at all easy to find varieties of eggplants that can please gardeners with high yields annually in different climates. And this variety is just for you, it gives stable, high yields in any region, in any weather, it has an excellent taste. Its fruit does not need to be soaked when cooking. Very early (60-70 days), bush up to 40 cm high, compact. Fruits are black-violet, long, with delicate pulp, weighing up to 600 g. With harmonious formation of the crop.
Green... The green fruits of this variety and the Emerald hybrid not only have a mushroom taste and aroma, but are also very hardy. These eggplants are distinguished by rare cold and disease resistance... They perform well both in the south and in central Russia.
Gold - early, (105-110 days), bushes 50-60 cm high, fruits in technical ripeness are greenish-white, in biological ripeness they are lemon-colored the size of a chicken egg, flesh is white, tender, without bitterness, fruits weighing up to 90 g, look very decorative. A very interesting variety.
Sperm whale - early ripe variety, bush up to 150 cm high (in greenhouses up to 200 cm), erect. Fruits are large, weighing 500-700 g, low-seeded, purple, elongated pear-shaped. The variety is intended for indoor cultivation.
Swan - a white-fruited mid-season variety, a bush 50-70 cm high, fruits 200-250 g, white, cylindrical to slightly pear-shaped, the flesh is milky white without bitterness with a delicate mushroom aroma, the skin is thin.
Sailor - mid-season variety, bush up to 60-75 cm high, fruits of 250-400 g of oval-pear-shaped shape, they have no analogues in color - they are painted in a white-lilac strip, white pulp, without bitterness, the variety is resistant to diseases.
Easter egg - plant up to 30-40 cm high, compact, early maturing, ovate-elongated fruits, yellow-violet, when ripe - yellow, weighing 80-180 g. The variety has a high yield.
Pelican - mid-season variety (115-120 days), intended for cultivation in film greenhouses and open field. The plant is medium-sized, fruits weighing 200-250 g, 15-18 cm long, saber-shaped with a diameter of 4-6 cm, the color is milky white, matte, the flesh is white, medium density, tender. Fruits with excellent taste, yield - 2.5-3.5 kg per bush.
Ping pong - mid-season (up to 115 days) variety, low-growing - up to 70 cm high for open ground. Fruits are spherical, 5-6 cm long, 4-6 cm in diameter. Forms many small fruits weighing 70-80 g of white color with a matte surface, their flesh is greenish-white with a piquant taste.
Prince - an early variety (95-104 days), a compact plant with a height of 60-75 cm, fruits are black-purple, cylindrical 20-30 cm long, 5-8 cm in diameter, weighing 150-200 g, the pulp is tender, white, tasty, without bitterness. Possesses complex disease resistance.
Solaris - early maturing, for growing in film shelters. Plant up to 1 m high, compact. Fruits weighing 170-200 g, purple, elongated pear-shaped, white, dense flesh.
Universal-6 - mid-early variety (125-130 days), the plant is compact, up to 90 cm high, the fruit is cylindrical, medium-sized, purple in color, weighing from 123 to 200 g, does not taste bitter.
Purple miracle - a high-yielding variety of medium ripeness (95-100 days), the plant is compact, medium-sized. The fruit is cylindrical, slightly curved, of medium length, smooth, glossy, purple, weighing 100-350 g, greenish flesh, without bitterness. The variety is resistant to a complex of diseases.
Eggplant varieties Japanese red
Purple long - mid-season variety, compact plant 45-60 cm high, cylindrical fruits 14-18 cm long, dark purple in color, weighing 100-160 g.
Dandy - a novelty variety. Early maturing, decorative. In the open field, the bush is low, 30-40 cm, in greenhouses up to 70-90 cm, fruits weighing 30-50 g, flat-rounded, red.
Nutcracker - early ripening (45 days from transplanting), high-yielding, unpretentious, fruits weighing from 250 g to 600 g, 12-14 cm long, round, in the form of a barrel, regular fruit formation in the upper part of the plant. Adapted for long-term storage and transportation. Suitable for all types of greenhouses and open ground, yield - 7-8 kg per bush.
Japanese red We started growing this eggplant more than three years ago. Since then, everyone who sees the fruits of this amazing variety cannot realize that the fruits of eggplants are not tomato.
Choose varieties of eggplants of various colors, and surprise your loved ones and guests with bright colorful dishes from this healthy vegetable!
Read the ending. Eggplant soup and eggplant stuffed with mushrooms →
Anyone who wants to have high-yielding various varieties of eggplant, visit our online store http://www.semenabrizhan.ru/shop, +7 (861) 646-28-76, Valery Ivanovich Brizhan, (from 16:00 to 18:00 and from 08:00 to 09:00 Moscow time)
Valery Brizhan, experienced gardener
Photo by the author
Eggplant: description and characteristics of 53 popular and unusual varieties for open ground and greenhouses (Photo & Video) + Reviews
A novice or experienced gardener should be aware of what are currently the most popular, high-yielding eggplant varieties. We present below a list of them and a description of each subspecies. The choice is great, but everyone will be able to decide unambiguously. This can be done, taking into account the timing of the ripening of the vegetable, you should definitely take into account the place where the eggplant will be sown (open ground or greenhouse).
How to harden eggplant seedlings?
From April 10, I harden all seedlings in the sun and cold. I have a loggia facing southeast. Now watering should be especially regular so that the leaves do not wilt. If at night on the loggia it was below +6 +7, I brought in eggplants.
Fig. 8. Photo on April 10. After hardening, the leaves and stem will turn purple, this is normal.
Fig. 9. Once it didn’t come in before a cold night, the sprouts lay down like this, but then recovered after a couple of hours.
How to protect eggplants from pests?
Aphids or mites for me are the main pests of eggplants. This is because I grow them in the same greenhouse as the peppers. But I don’t want to allocate my greenhouse for each crop yet, I already have three of them.
Pepper slugs rarely crawl onto eggplants, but aphids are a lot of trouble. But they can be avoided by prophylactically spraying the leaves once a week on both sides with a daily infusion of garlic or its "arrows" diluted 1:10.
A neighbor's eggplant is overpowered by a Colorado potato beetle. Her greenhouse is located close to potato plantings. Therefore, when she prophylactically sprinkles potatoes, for example, with "Tanrekom", she does not forget to sprinkle in the greenhouse.
Usually, by July 1-8, I always have at least three eggplants for the first stew! What I wish for all of you!
Fig. 22. Photo by "King of the F1 Market" July 8th.
What kinds of eggplant do you like to grow? When do you usually have your first "blue" ones?
Today, meeting these southern low plants with purple fruits in Siberian dachas is a common thing. This became possible thanks to the successful work of breeders.
Let's move from words to deeds and list the most interesting varieties:
- "Galina F1" - this early-ripening hybrid gives a crop already 105-110 days after full shoots appear. The plant can be grown both in the open field and in greenhouses. Vigorous bushes grow up to 80 cm tall. Black-violet cylindrical fruits at the time of ripening have a mass of 200 to 250 g. The surface is smooth, glossy. The dense tender white pulp is distinguished by an exquisite, moderately piquant taste without bitterness. Important qualities: resistance to sudden changes in temperature, high yield.
- "Giselle F1" is an early maturing cold-resistant hybrid that can be grown both in the open field and in greenhouses. The bushes are compact. The mass of fruits at the stage of ripeness is from 300 to 500 g, length - up to 25 cm, width - up to 7 cm. The glossy surface is painted in dark purple color. The white flesh tastes good. The harvested eggplant can be stored for a long time.
- "Green" is an early ripening variety with increased cold resistance. The height of the spreading bushes reaches 70 cm. Pear-shaped fruits resembling large olives are green in ripeness. Their mass ranges from 250 to 300 g. The color of the loose flesh is white with a slight greenish tinge. The taste is delicate mushroom.
- "Caviar F1" is a mid-season tall hybrid for greenhouse cultivation. From the emergence of full shoots to the beginning of harvest, it takes from 100 to 110 days. The height of the bushes reaches 120 cm. The shape of the dark purple fruits is oval. Weight - from 250 to 300 g, length - from 12 to 20 cm. The pulp is tender and tasty.
- "Ilya Muromets" is a mid-season large-fruited variety. In Siberia, it is suitable exclusively for greenhouse cultivation. The height of the bushes is from 70 to 100 cm. The mass of dark purple cylindrical fruits reaches 500-700 g, the length is up to 40 cm, the diameter is up to 10 cm. The skin is delicate and thin. The creamy white flesh contains minor seed chambers that are hardly noticeable. The taste is excellent, without bitterness.
- "King of the F1 market" is an early maturing high-yielding hybrid. From germination to harvest, it takes from 100 to 110 days. The bushes are medium-sized. The length of the cylindrical fruits is from 18 to 22 cm, the diameter is up to 6 cm. The dark purple skin is smooth and shiny. The dense white flesh has an exquisite taste without bitterness. Marketability is high.
- "Maria" is an early ripe variety intended for cultivation in open ground and greenhouses. The height of the bushes is from 60 to 75 cm. The mass of dark purple cylindrical fruits at the time of collection is from 200 to 220 g. The pulp is dense, white in color. The taste is classic, without bitterness. Features: resistance to sudden changes in temperature and most diseases.
- The Gardener's Dream is an early ripe variety that can be grown outdoors and in greenhouses. The bushes are vigorous, their height reaches 60-80 cm. The mass of dark purple cylindrical fruits at the stage of technical ripeness ranges from 150 to 200 g. The color of the dense pulp is white. The taste is excellent without bitterness. The variety has an innate resistance to late blight and anthracnose.
- "Robin Hood" is a super early variety (from germination to ripening takes from 90 to 100 days) for film shelters and open ground. The height of the bushes is from 70 to 100 cm. Matte pear-shaped fruits at the time of ripening weigh from 250 to 300 g. The flesh is dense white. The taste is excellent. The variety adapts well to any conditions.
- "Salamandra" is an early ripe high-yielding variety for open ground and film shelters. From germination to harvesting the first crop, it takes from 95 to 115 days. Bushes are tall, closed. The mass of long cylindrical fruits is from 200 to 250 g. The surface is glossy. The dense white flesh contains few seeds. The taste is very good without bitterness.
- "Severyanin" is a mid-season unpretentious variety for exhaust gas and greenhouses. Field tests took place in Western Siberia. Showing excellent results. The bushes are compact, their height does not exceed 40-50 cm. Dark-purple pear-shaped fruits with a smooth shiny surface at the time of ripening reach a mass of 200-300 g. The greenish-white flesh is quite dense, contains a small amount of seeds. The taste is excellent without bitterness.
- "Siberian early ripening 148" is an early maturing variety from Siberian breeders (State Scientific Institution West Siberian Vegetable Experimental Station). From the moment of emergence to harvest, it takes from 112 to 139 days. A small standard bush with a compact crown. The shape of dark purple hanging eggplants is elongated-pear-shaped, weight - up to 200 g. The taste of the pulp is very good, the bitterness is minimal.
You can add the list if you wish in the comments to this note.
Because of the climate, it is difficult to grow a southern vegetable in the middle lane, therefore, in this case, you need to choose special varieties of eggplant.
Bull heart F1
The bushes are tall, reaching 70-80 cm in height. The fruits ripen within 100-110 days after the first shoots appear. This is a mid-season giant, because the fruit can reach from 500 g to 1 kg in weight. It has a rounded shape, narrowed at the end, which resembles a heart. The peel is dark purple in color, the flesh is white, without bitterness, with no aftertaste.
In the soil under the film, seeds are sown in mid-March to plant seedlings from May 25 to June 10. From 1 sq. m collect up to 5 kg of ripe eggplants.
A late-ripening variety that attracts with large pear-shaped fruits with black-purple skin and dense, white flesh without bitterness. Fruits reach 700-900 g in weight.The bush is high, spreading, up to half a meter in height. Eggplants ripen 135-150 days after planting.
Vegetables are well transported without spoiling the presentation and taste. 7.4-7.7 kg of fruits are harvested from 1 square meter.
Mid-season variety, bearing fruit by 125 days after transplanting. The vegetable has a pear-shaped, shortened shape. The skin is glossy, dark purple in color. The bushes are compact. Ripe fruit can weigh 250-350 g. The pulp is light green, without bitterness and voids.
This variety tolerates temperature changes and is resistant to the tobacco mosaic virus. It is appreciated for its high taste characteristics. From 1 sq. m collect up to 5 kg of eggplants.
High-yielding early ripe hybrid. In a greenhouse, the height of a bush can exceed one and a half meters. The plant is semi-spreading, forms many ovaries, due to which the fruiting period is extended. Fruits in the form of a ball and pear, 14-15 cm long. The surface is glossy. The weight of one eggplant reaches up to 250 g. The pulp is white, without bitterness.
Tolerates long-term transportation, is characterized by long-term storage. 5-8 kg of fruits are harvested from one bush, from 1 sq. m - up to 20 kg.
High-yielding, early maturing hybrid, recommended for cultivation in greenhouses. The fruits are appreciated for their delicate taste. Suitable for canning, pickling, making caviar and salads. Eggplants ripen 95-105 days after the first shoots appear.
Bushes are high - up to 1.2 m. Fruits are oval in shape, 5-8 cm in diameter, 12-20 cm long, weighing 250-300 g. The skin is dark purple with a glossy surface. The pulp is white-greenish, not bitter. The main feature is good growth and fruiting only in warm and humid conditions. Prefer chernozem soil or light loam.
Mid-season variety, ripening 120-130 days after germination. The bushes are medium-sized and semi-sprawling, reaching a height of 140 cm. Fruits are large, can weigh 500-900 g. The skin is pale pink with a lilac tint. The pulp is white, dense, not bitter.
The disadvantage of this variety is the tendency to form thorns. The advantage is that the bush is highly resistant to disease and rot. From 1 sq. m collect up to 10 kg of ripe eggplants.
Robin the Hood
An early ripe variety - the fruits are tied as early as 90 days after sowing. It can grow in any soil. Fruits are up to 20 cm long and 8-9 cm in diameter. They look like kegs with a shiny lilac-lilac rind. The weight of one vegetable is up to 300 g. The pulp is tender, without bitterness and almost without seeds.
The variety needs to form a bush, but has a short growth of up to 60 cm. The plant has thorns. Eggplants are suitable for all types of canning and cooking. They are well kept.
The developed bush is vigorous, dense and semi-spreading, its height is 180-300 cm. Fruits ripen 120 days after planting, reaching 20-35 cm in length. The bush requires shaping. The mass of a ripe eggplant can reach 500 g. Eggplants are cylindrical, elongated. The peel is dark purple with a glossy sheen. The pulp is dense, greenish.
The shrub is highly resistant to tobacco mosaic virus. Fresh fruits can be stored for up to 2.5 months.
Sowing technology of eggplant seeds for seedlings
Eggplants do not tolerate transplants well, so it is better to grow seedlings without picking. In a prepared container, I moderately moisten the soil mixture. In waterlogged soil, the seeds may suffocate and not sprout. I put on a special lattice with nests 6x6 or 8x8 cm (depending on the habit of the future bush). In the middle of each nest, I sow 1-2 seeds to a depth of 1-2 cm. With such schemes, from 1 sq. m of the total area, the seedlings will yield on average 250-150 seedlings.
After sowing, I sprinkle the eggplant seeds with the same soil mixture with a layer of 1-2 cm.If sowing is carried out in separate containers (cups, peat-humus pots, special cassettes), I place them in a common box and place them in a warm, dark place. If the sowing is carried out in greenhouse soil, I cover the sowing with lutrasil. Seedlings appear in 1.5-2.0 weeks.
If you decide to grow eggplant seedlings through a pick, then it is carried out in the phase of 2-3 true leaves. 2-3 days before the pick is watered in order to less traumatize the root system. They are transplanted into containers or containers with a larger feeding area, deepening the plants to the cotyledonous leaves. The pick is shaded, the soil is kept moist. Watering is carried out with warm, settled water.