Iodine and brilliant green will increase the yield of cucumbers and save from diseases
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For any gardener, cucumbers are simple vegetables. It would seem that everything is known about the cultivation and care of cucumbers. Despite this, new tips appear all the time. And the most interesting thing is that the source of this information is the gardeners themselves. They have few proven recommendations, they are in constant search of modern ways to protect plants from pests and other novelties that will increase the yield of cucumbers.
And they find it! Most often, nothing supernatural is required. The most common means that are always in the household, for example, brilliant green and iodine, can increase the yield of cucumbers and save you from diseases.
Processing cucumbers with iodine and brilliant green: what is the use and why it should be done
What is the usefulness of these drugs? First of all, these funds are absolutely harmless both for cucumbers and for people who consume this vegetable. And this, today, is a huge plus. Unlike commercially grown crops, which are stuffed with a variety of chemicals. Starting from the first stage - feeding the seedlings, ending with the processing of the already harvested crop to increase the shelf life. In the home garden, you can replace these funds with brilliant green and iodine. And they can be applied in different ways.
Protection against root rot
If this "infection" attacked the cucumbers, then it is very difficult to restore the plant. Therefore, the best option to avoid this is to simply prevent it from occurring. Ordinary iodine and brilliant green will help you with this.
- 10 drops of brilliant green are diluted in 10 liters of water, pour the cucumbers with the finished mixture (after collecting the harvest of cucumbers). This will help prevent root rot the next season.
- You can also spray the bushes with iodine. The proportions are the same as in the version with brilliant green. These two methods are a preventive option, and they work quite well.
- Another way to prevent cucumber disease is to smear the stem (10 cm from the ground up) with iodine or brilliant green. You need to dilute the product 1: 2. When growing cucumbers vertically, this is the most convenient protection option. Having carried out two such treatments, subject to early detection of the disease, the fungus dies.
Powdery mildew protection
On cucumbers infected with this infection, the leaves quickly begin to turn yellow and disappear. In order to protect cucumbers from powdery mildew, you can use rotten hay, which is pre-infused. It must be laid in a suitable container, half of which is poured with plain water. The tool is infused for three days. Then we filter everything. Cucumbers are processed three times with a ready-made product, the minimum processing intervals are 7 days.
Brilliant green will also help protect cucumbers from powdery mildew. 10 ml of brilliant green + 50 g is added to 10 liters of water. urea + 2 liters of whey. It is recommended to process plants with this solution 3 times per season. The first is during flowering, the second and third - with seven-day breaks.
Please note! Since all these products are alcoholic, when using them, it is necessary to strictly adhere to the recipes - it is important not to overdo it with the dosage!
IODINE AND GREEN - RESCUE OF CUCUMBERS FROM ALL DISEASES AND EXCELLENT FEEDING!
Top dressing and protection with iodine: folk recipes
Iodine improves the condition of plants, disinfects the soil, and helps fight diseases. Fertilizing and protection with iodine is carried out in compliance with strict proportions and rules. I offer the best recipes for vegetables and indoor crops.
Iodine is an important element in plant life, it is required for normal development and fruiting, strengthens the immune system, disinfects the soil, and helps to stop the progression of many diseases. Deficiency of this element leads to rotting of the ovaries, delayed fruiting, development.
Experienced gardeners have long used iodine to improve vegetation, protect against fungal and bacterial problems.
Pharmaceutical iodine has a concentration dangerous for plants, it can burn the leaves. It brings benefits only in a highly diluted form. Typical proportions are about 1 to 2 drops per 2 liters of water. Who does not know how to use iodine for plants, I will list the basic rules.
1. Cannot be used after the beginning of fruiting and during dormancy.
2. Exceeding the concentration leads to the destruction of the beneficial microflora of the soil, leaves burns on the leaves.
3. Before processing the soil, a preliminary watering of the land is done.
4. For efficiency, ash is added (for 10 liters of 1 liter of ash infusion).
5. When cultivating the soil, it is unacceptable to hit the stem.
6. The processing of the green mass is done with a fine sprinkler. In the form of "fog" the element is absorbed by 70-90%.
Iodine for seedlings
In indoor conditions, it is difficult to create conditions for the full development of seedlings. During this period, the condition of the plants can be improved by iodine feeding. Iodine activates biological processes in cells, promotes the assimilation of nitrogen and other nutrients, as a result, a full-fledged, strong seedling is formed.
For seedlings, iodine is used 4 times.
1. Seeds are soaked for 5-6 hours in iodine solution (1 drop + 1 liter of water). They are not washed before sowing.
2. The moistened substrate is poured with a solution of 10 l + 3 drops. This event disinfects the soil, improves survival.
3. 1-2 weeks before disembarking at a permanent place, iodine feeding (1 drop + 3 l) is carried out on the ground.
4. 2-3 weeks after planting, each bush is spilled with a solution (3 drops + 10 liters), 1 liter per plant.
Top dressing with iodine helps prevent the seedlings from pulling out, prevent the appearance of yellowness, exclude the occurrence of putrefactive phenomena, and contribute to the full development of seedlings.
Iodine for tomatoes
Iodine-milk spraying helps from late blight. The mixture is prepared in a 10-liter container of 1 liter of whey, 10 drops. iodine and water. After thorough mixing, the solution is poured into the sprayer. It is used at intervals of 10-15 days.
Such foliar feeding is an excellent prevention of infections, powdery mildew, and putrefactive processes. The frequency of application is once every 2 weeks. To stop disease outbreaks, hydrogen peroxide (1 tsp) is added to the solution, spraying every 3-4 days.
There is an effective recipe for phytophthora: 8 liters of water + 2 liters of ash infusion (2 handfuls per 2 liters of water) + 10 g of boric acid + 10 ml of iodine are poured into a bucket. The working solution for tops / leaves is made by diluting with water 1:10, at the root without dilution.
Iodine for cucumbers
Abundant spraying of cucumber tops and soil with a milk-iodine solution prevents powdery mildew. Prepared from 9 liters of water, 1 liter of milk, 10 drops of iodine. Frequency of work - weekly.
Iodine and strawberries
To strengthen immunity, activate the growth of planted bushes or after wintering, it is recommended to do iodine watering after the snow melts (10 drops + 10 liters). Feeding is given three times with an interval of 10 days. This procedure blocks the development of gray mold.
Iodine and indoor flowers
Feeding with iodine will help to improve the quality of flowering, to extend the period of budding. One drop is added to the complex fertilizer (3 liters). With weak growth, yellowness, to strengthen the immune system, make an independent solution (2-3 drops + 1 liter of water). Introduced at the root of 2-3 p. with a frequency of 10 days. Pour a weakened indoor rose with diluted Humate with the addition of 1 drop of iodine.
The tool is used when the plant is sick, as well as to prevent or improve the quality of the soil. The gardener should know that, in addition to the correct dosage of the substance, it is necessary to take into account the time of day favorable for processing plants.
- The sun's rays, which are most active at the peak of the solstice, are essential. If you spray or water the plant during this period, it can get burns from the water droplets remaining on it, which will act as lenses. It is necessary to process the culture in the morning or evening, when the aggressiveness of the sun is minimal.
- It is undesirable to water and spray vegetables in an open space before the rain: the nutrients will be washed off immediately without giving the desired effect.
- This plant is voluminous and requires tying. Feeding cucumbers with brilliant green should be done so that the substance gets on the entire surface necessary for processing.
An interesting way to plant cucumbers: you don't have to water the whole season
All growers are well aware that cucumbers are moisture-loving plants that require active watering in summer. But what if you make one examination bed this year using the method below? Thanks to him, you will not need to water the garden all season! Only if the summer is very dry, and the intense heat lasts more than 3 weeks, then each bush needs to be slightly moistened, and in general you do not touch the whole garden!
To prepare a "self-contained" cucumber garden, you will need to dig such a trench.
Pour water abundantly so that it stands there, and pour a bucket of boiling water on top to disinfect the soil. This is the first and last time the garden is watered.
Next, you will need a thick black film that does not allow light to pass through. It is she who is the "feature" of the cucumber garden, which does not need watering: the condensate accumulating under the film will "water" the cucumbers throughout the season.
The edges of the film must be dug into the ground. Leave the garden in this form for 3 days. Only then make step cuts in the foil, about 20 cm between each cut, and plant seeds or already grown seedlings.
All you have to do is help the cucumbers to "crawl out" in the future by taking out the young leaves and placing them on top of the film.
They do not require support, as they will grow while lying on the film. The harvest is excellent! There are a lot of cucumbers, and they are ideal for winter preservation, and just great for salads! If in your region there are 3 weeks or more intense heat, and you are worried about cucumbers, then pour each bush under the root - add literally two syringes of water, this is more than enough. But, as practice shows, usually cucumbers do not require watering all season! Just collect some delicious cucumbers.
For more information on how to plant cucumbers and not water the whole season, see the video below:
Instructions for use
An antiseptic solution is used in two ways: by spraying and using root watering.
The introduction of a diluted agent into the soil should be carried out 1 time in 5-7 days. For the prevention of diseases and increasing the level of productivity, cucumbers are processed once every 10-14 days. This procedure must be stopped 7-10 days before the first harvest.
Watering cucumbers is recommended after the main soil moisture. This will enable the therapeutic and prophylactic agent to be evenly distributed over the ground. After adding the solution, it is recommended to water the vegetables a little again, which will allow the fertilizer to be absorbed into the soil and gain access to the root system of the vegetable.
Use as fertilizer
With the help of brilliant green, you can enrich the soil and plants with the missing elements, in particular copper. Too often it is not worth watering and sprinkling vegetables: an overabundance of such substances in the soil is detrimental to the culture as well as their lack.
There are several recipes that will help saturate the soil and plant with the necessary trace elements.
- Soak cucumber seeds in a solution containing brilliant green (1 drop per 1 liter of water). The same liquid can be used to water young seedlings. This will stimulate its growth, make it more resistant to external factors.
- Foliar processing of the culture is carried out with warm, settled water, to which iodine or brilliant green is added at the rate of no more than 2 drops per 3 liters. This method contributes to the abundant formation of ovaries, helps to increase the yield of vegetable crops.
- Top dressing from an antiseptic, serum and iodine has proven itself positively. It is necessary to mix 10 liters of settled water, 1 liter of whey, 20-24 drops of iodine and 1 drop of green emulsion. Watering with the resulting product should be carried out 1 time in 14 days.
- Regular watering or spraying of cucumbers with a weak solution of brilliant green (1 drop per 1 liter of water) promotes the active accumulation of chlorophyll in the green mass, which favorably affects the processes of photosynthesis.
From decaying roots
Water the plants regularly
To prepare the product, it is necessary to mix brilliant green and iodine with water in proportions of 1: 2 (one drop of each product per 1 liter of water). The resulting solution is smeared with the stem of the culture 5-10 cm above the soil surface. This procedure should be carried out every 3-5 days until the disease disappears.
Regular watering (every 5-7 days) of cucumbers with a weak antiseptic solution (1 ml per 1 liter of water) has proven itself well.
This disease is considered the most dangerous for cucumbers and leads, if not to the death of the plant, then to a significant decrease in yield. Fungal spores can be in the soil for a long time and, if it is improperly treated before planting, they will infect even healthy, strong plants.
The fight against the disease can be carried out in the following way: 1 drop of brilliant green, 500 g of fresh whey and 25 g of urea are added to 1 liter of warm water. Spraying the culture with fertilizer must be carried out several times per season: before and after the formation of flowers and a couple of days after the appearance of the first ovaries.
I have been using brilliant green solution for fertilizing cucumbers for several years already. This method of protection against diseases is affordable, but effective. For those who want to get a rich harvest of vegetables, this is what you need.
Egor Alexandrovich, Lipetsk
I am an experienced vegetable grower, so the benefits of cucumber antiseptics were not a discovery for me. I did not use this method for other vegetables, but decided to take a chance. The result pleased me, except for the eggplant. It turned out that they cannot be fed with brilliant green and iodine.
Everyone has affordable bactericidal agents, so it's not difficult to prepare an effective top dressing. The main thing is to maintain proportions, otherwise you can burn vegetable crops and there can be no talk of a rich harvest.