Backlighting garden paths
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Every person who has his own country house wants it to be well-groomed and aesthetic. The Internet is replete with various articles about the arrangement of the site, but it is not known how to do it all with your own hands. Calling a designer at home is very expensive, not everyone can afford it. I want to do everything myself.
Elegantly looping around the trees, they add more neatness and completeness. Having correctly positioned the paths, you can not worry about the time, because it will take little, as well as the forces to move the landscape. Even if you have a small yard, trails are essential for safety and comfort.
We make garden paths with our own hands: photo instruction + VIDEO
Arrangement of a country house is a long and troublesome occupation. But it also comes to an end someday. When the house is already fully finished, the outbuildings are cocked up and even the lawn is already showing off in all its green youth, it is time to think about garden paths.
To create them, it is enough to use stone waste, which remains in abundance after construction. We will choose pieces of chipped stone used for finishing work.
What track format should we choose? It depends on the overall style chosen for the interior. In this case, it was based on strict geometric shapes, triangles and rhombuses appeared in the facade decoration, and geometric carvings were placed on the columns of the entrance. Therefore, it was decided to make the paths in the form of separate squares (triangles, rhombuses).
↑ Layout of garden paths
In the event that the work has a certain complexity, an explication is made, that is, a diagram of the site in a top view. In our case, it was not needed, since the work is simple and it is clear how to do it. In addition, we decided to show options for making garden paths with our own hands at low cost.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
1. Laying track routes on the ground, marking, pulling threads.
2. Since it was decided not to make the tracks solid, we mark the elements. We do this by attaching a ruler and cutting through the lawn with a sharp spatula or knife.
3. Now you need to dig in each element, going deeper by a certain amount. How to choose the right depth for your concrete garden paths?
Paths are laid in the lawn that will need to be mowed; a lawn mower without a trimmer will be used. This means that the level of the stony element should be 2-3 cm below the level of the lawn - this is a common instruction. However, we take into account that the soil on a young lawn will grow by 1-2 cm, because the volume of the root system will increase. At the same time, the tiles will shrink during the winter, so we decide to make the path flush with the lawn.
4. We will go deeper by 15 cm, this height will be distributed as follows:
- 2 cm - decorative covering made of pieces of stone.
5. We dig depressions under each tile and thoroughly tamp the bottom with a heavier wooden log.
6. Sprinkle with crushed stone - and ram again.
7. We prepare concrete, we will pour it without reinforcement. You can mix 4 parts of gravel with 1 part of cement for this purpose by adding a concrete plasticizer. Now it's time to fill garden paths.
8. Pouring concrete, level it with a trowel. At the top, you need to leave 2 cm of distance to the upper edge - for the stone. We leave the concrete to become, give it 2 hours.
9. We wash stones in the water, removing dirt and dust, and at the same time we discard those that have cracks.
10. Prepare the glue on which we will plant the stones. In principle, any glue for outdoor use, tile, is suitable.
You can independently prepare a mortar from sand (2 parts) and cement (1 part) with the addition of a plasticizer for concrete. If you mix it with a high-speed mixer, you get a solution no worse than any glue. The mixing order is as follows: water, then plasticizer, cement and finally sand.
11. We put the stones on the mortar, we will also carefully fill the seams between the stones with it.
12. Take a wet rag, collect excess glue solution, and wait two days. If the weather does not fail, it will already be possible to walk along the constructed paths.
13. The edges of the slabs are naturally uneven. How to proceed? Pick up a grinder and trim or leave it as it is? This is a matter of taste, in this case they decided to leave the natural look of stones - it is closer to nature.
↑ Specialist recommendations
1. To increase the durability of tracks from such amateur slabs, it is necessary to make the solution more dense. This is done by using a quality concrete plasticizer. In addition, the mortar must be mixed with a high-speed mixer or high-frequency concrete mixer.
2. In any case, such tracks will last 15-25 years. The range is wide, since it depends on the amount of frost penetration, and winters can be different.
3. If you want to varnish the stones, you can do it after 3 weeks, not earlier. The fact is that complete crystallization of cement products lasts up to 30 days.
↑ See also the video of ecological options for the manufacture of garden paths
Tiles and decorative tiles
After finishing the renovation in the bathroom, it may be tempting to use the remnants of the old finishing tiles or find a use for what remained unclaimed after buying a new tile. The decision may seem logical, if only one does not take into account the fact that the material that is intended for interior decoration on the street can behave, to put it mildly, unpredictably. It is one thing if a saucepan falls on the kitchen floor, and quite another thing when heavy tin barrels are rolled over it or a cobblestone prepared for an alpine slide is "dropped".
Do not forget that such a tile usually slips very strongly, which cannot be discounted when planning a path in an area along which people often run in slates or rubber boots.
Laminate, linoleum or parquet remaining after the repair, in fact, like other building materials intended for finishing the interior of the room, it is better not to take it outside this very room.
How to make stone paths in the garden?
Before laying out a garden path made of stones, it must be planned. For this, markings are made throughout the suburban area (see photo). If it is necessary to lay various paths in the garden, then the slope of the soil must be taken into account, since the tiles must be several centimeters above ground level. It is necessary to drive the pegs into the ground and pull the cord between them.
But before laying sidewalk paths in the country, it is necessary to remove the sod with a shovel in the gaps fenced with pegs, as in the photo. In this case, you should carefully trim the edges of such a shallow ditch.
In order for the stone tile to hold as tightly as possible, a pillow consisting of sand should be made under it in the ditch - its thickness should be at least 10 cm. Gravel is poured under the sand pillow, and sand is added on top. This pillow should be well tamped.
All paved paths in the summer cottage must be flat, so the sand in the ditch must be well leveled. If in a given area the groundwater is close to the surface of the earth, then you should think about a drainage system. To do this, larger gravel is laid in the ditch, and from above it is already covered with sand.
And only after that you can lay paving slabs, as in the photo. To get a beautiful DIY garden path, you need to choose the right color and lay it out in such a way that you get a beautiful pattern.
When laying stone tiles, it is necessary to tap them on top with a wooden mallet so that the edges do not protrude one above the other. You should also worry about the slope of the track. This is done so that during the rain or when the snow melts, the water immediately runs away and does not linger on the track. Small inclines are best done on both sides, rather than one way.
Every man can master such making of garden paths, and there is nothing complicated about it. But you should know one more rule: the tiles must be laid in such a way that they rise 2-3 centimeters above ground level. Such laying of a garden path will allow not only rainwater to quickly drain to the sides, but also when the snow melts, it will be convenient to walk on it.
How to pave a path in the garden
Before you start paving the paths in the garden, you need to choose the material. Weeds are the most harmful enemies for pavements. Filling the path with concrete, you can forget about weeds for several years. But in the end, the concreted areas will crack. And then the grass will begin to fill in all the cracks. You can also cover the paths with gravel or wood chips. But in this case, you still have to fight against the weeds. And from time to time, the material will need to be added.
Garden path tiles can be made of identical stones or bricks. It can be placed quite tightly. And then it will be difficult for the greenery to break through the cracks. And if over time the brick cracks, then this will give the path a more picturesque look. Brick for garden plots can be used not for road, but for ordinary construction.
The width of the path in the garden is no less important than the material for it. It is worth considering that the trolley will have to be rolled on the site. Between the beds and flower beds, it is necessary to plan such a size of the pavement so that it is convenient to bypass the garden cart. And you should also provide for walks in the garden for two. If the width of the path is a little more than half a meter, then this will be enough for one person to advance. For a couple of people, you need to make a trail with a coverage of more than a meter.
Having decided on the material and width, it is necessary to draw a plan for the garden and mark all the necessary paths on it. Then you need to mark the paths with a rope and mark the edges of the sidewalk with lime. And then you can cut the sod and take it out to a depth of 20 cm and compact the edges of the furrow with a bar and a hammer. This is provided that the path is brick. A stone path will need a shallower depth depending on the thickness of the stone.
Next, you need to lay a brick or stone on the compacted ground on both sides of the path curb with its side. The width of the track must be constantly leveled with a bar. Then sand should be poured onto the bottom of the path to a depth of 5 cm and roofing material should be laid. This will inhibit the growth of the lawn.
And then you can lay bricks or stone tiles so that they are level with the ground. They must be tightly fitted to each other. And the distance between them must be covered with sand. After the rains have passed, it is necessary to fill the sidewalk several more times, sweeping the pavement from above. If you choose a material of different colors, then you can lay out a pattern on the track. Sometimes cement mortar is used for tighter laying of tiles.