5 secrets to speed up the maturation of compost in winter
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Compost is a natural organic fertilizer that is affordable and environmentally friendly. There are several ways to help speed up the maturation process of the compost heap.
Sprinkle the pile with insulation again
In order for the compost components to decay faster, it must be additionally insulated. For this, it is recommended to use a primer. It is laid in a layer of 40-50 cm. This option is considered the optimal shelter, since the soil is able to pass both moisture and air. In addition, the soil layer keeps the temperature necessary for the development and action of anaerobic bacteria, thanks to which the compost turns into organic fertilizer. ...
Before insulating the compost heap, check the soil for mold and other diseases. No pests should be present in the soil.
Use special drugs
The common name for such drugs is biodestructor. It is a microbiological agent saturated with living organisms necessary for the rapid maturation of compost. Organisms multiply rapidly inside the compost heap, helping to accelerate the decay process. It should be noted that the use of drugs does not spoil the compost. The resulting fertilizer is well absorbed by any type of soil. Biodegradants are based on inorganic additives, amino acids and vitamins. The use of special preparations has a number of advantages:
- waste disposal is carried out in an ecological way;
- bacteria in the composition of the product are aggressive to pests and destroy them;
- compost ripens many times faster than naturally;
- waste does not emit an unpleasant odor.
The soil fertilized with such compost gives a yield 10-15% higher.
Use a regular yeast solution
There are several ways to use yeast as a compost maturation accelerator. You can prepare a solution that is poured into a hole made in the heap. To prepare it, pour a tablespoon of dry yeast and a glass of sugar into a liter of water. Stir until completely dissolved, or you can use yeast in another solution. To do this, take 3 liters of warm water, 100 g of sugar and a tablespoon of yeast. The mixture ferments for several days, then diluted with water until a volume of 15 liters is obtained. To saturate the mixture with calcium, 1 tablespoon of wood ash is poured into the solution. After that, the resulting solution is poured into a heap.
Do not cover with plastic
Many gardeners are accustomed to using plastic wrap to cover the compost. This option for preparing fertilizer has a number of advantages (an unpleasant odor does not spread throughout the entire plot, rats, mice, and insects do not fall into the pile), but at the same time it does not guarantee a quick ripening of the feeding. In addition, the film blocks the flow of oxygen and moisture to the compost heap. Therefore, if you need to get quick fertilization, it is better to refuse to use the film.
Use breathable material for insulation
It is recommended to use the following material to cover the compost heap:
- Lapnik. The material does not get wet and is highly breathable. It is worth considering that spruce branches increase the acidity of the soil.
- Agrofibre. The material is environmentally friendly. It's easy to use. Agrofibre creates an optimal climate for overheating, and also protects the components of the heap from overheating.
- Hay. Hay is laid in a layer of 25-30 cm. Only dry high-quality material is chosen.
- Firewood. Thin boards are chosen that are stacked in several layers (straw or hay can be placed between the firewood).
With these methods, the compost heap matures in one season.
Sowing lunar calendar for 2021
- 1 Lunar seeding calendar and moon phases
- 1.1 Influence of lunar phases on the flora
- 2 What to land on the waxing and waning moon
- 3 Lunar influence on plants during the passage of the zodiac signs
- 4 Favorable and forbidden days for planting in 2021
- 4.1 January
- 4.2 February
- 4.3 March
- 4.4 April
- 4.5 June
- 4.6 July
- 4.7 August
- 4.8 September
- 4.9 October
- 4.10 November
- 4.11 December
- 5 Watch the video: lunar sowing calendar
A peculiar schedule of work in the garden and garden, taking into account the lunar phases, helps to get up to 30% of the harvest of berries, fruits and vegetables more than usual without additional funds and labor costs. The sowing lunar calendar lists the most favorable terms for planting plants. And also the days are calculated when it is better to engage in gardening activities: pruning, fertilizing plants, planting seedlings and seedlings, etc.
Is it okay to put apples in the compost?
Good organic composting fertilizer involves alternating layers ranging from weeds and grass to banana skins, apple or other fruit trimmings.
When forming compost, there is an important rule - do not put diseased plants or plant parts, as well as weeds with seeds in the compost.
But what about the falling apples? Gardeners have two opinions on this: either do not put such apples in the compost, or still put the carrion in the compost.
And if you are an adherent of the second method, then we hasten to tell you what to do with such apples. If you collect the volunteer as quickly as possible, you can make compote or other drinks that require heat treatment from it. If the apples are rotten or wormy, then collect them and send them to the compost heap.
It must be said that the volunteers contain nutrients that give the best properties to your organic fertilizer due to the available mineral components, vitamins and trace elements. In addition, the fall contains substances that accelerate the maturation of the compost.
Important! Harmful bacteria, pests that caused the apples to fall, are not preserved during the composting process. Therefore, do not be afraid to put fallen apples in the compost.
For peace of mind: if you are worried about pests that can harm your garden multiply in the compost heap, then just leave such compost for 2 years to mature. In this case, all pests will definitely burn out.
It is also important to lay the compost in layers. Use microbiological fertilizers, which will not only speed up the maturation of the compost, but also improve its structure.
Accelerating tomato ripening with safe methods
8 golden rules that will not only speed up the ripening of tomatoes, but also increase the yield.
1. Pluck off the first ripe fruit. Do not wait until a few ripen, pick the first red tomato on the bush - after that all the rest will start to blush sharply!
2. Remove all leaves down to the first twig. It is important to remove all the foliage on the stem of the tomato before the first tomatoes, so the bush will be better ventilated. In addition, it is imperative to do this in order to predict the development of phytophthora. Remember - the disease develops due to the leaves touching the soil.
3. Pinch the top after tying the branches with fruits. This manipulation will allow tomatoes to absorb more nutrients, which stimulates their early ripening.
4. Limit watering in August. If the climate is mild, then it can be stopped. With minimal watering, tomatoes ripen delicious and sweet, no wateriness or sourness!
To improve the taste of tomatoes, you can spray with a soda solution in the proportion: 1 tsp. per liter of water. Repeat the procedure every 7 days.
5. Spraying with iodine. 3 drops per liter of water or 40 drops per bucket of water. Process the bush with the resulting solution, spraying the fruits and the lower part of the stem. So the tomatoes will blush faster and gain immunity from late blight.
6. Ash solution.A glass of ash on a bucket of water without insisting, mix well and immediately pour the bushes under the root. This will not only enhance the ripening of tomatoes, but also improve their taste - the fruits will become sweeter. Pour a liter of solution under each bush. Be sure to pre-water the tomatoes, otherwise the plants will get burned, especially if they did not receive moisture before.
Otherwise, if, on the contrary, try not to water, then some leaves and fruits should be sprayed with ash. You need to process tomatoes in the morning and in the evening with a decanted solution: half a glass of ash in a bucket of water.
7. Top dressing with potassium humate. This is not only a great way to fertilize tomatoes - fertilization with potassium humate significantly stimulates their ripening. Proportion: 10 g of powder per 200 liters of water. Pre-pour potassium humate with two liters of boiling water, mix thoroughly and leave to infuse for 2 hours. Drain the solution into barrels and water the bushes only at the root. Repeat the procedure every 10 days.
8. Cover the bush with apples or bananas, you can put them in a container with harvested unripe tomatoes. Apples and bananas contribute to the rapid ripening of unripe fruits due to special enzymes. Walnut foliage can also speed up ripening of plucked green tomatoes. It is enough to mix them together with the leaves in one drawer.
It is strictly forbidden:
Overuse watering. Tomatoes do not tolerate sudden changes in humidity. The soil should not be either overdried or watered generously after that. If you do not follow this rule, then the fruits will crack. Better to cover the soil with hay.
Properties and characteristics of natural wood sawdust
Fresh sawdust contains a number of chemical elements:
- up to 50% carbon
- about 45% oxygen
- 4.4 to 4.9% hydrogen
- 0.1% nitrogen.
1 m3 of sawdust, on average, contains up to:
- 0.15 kg potassium
- 0.25 kg calcium
- 0.02 kg nitrogen
- 0.03 kg of phosphorus.
The competent use of sawdust in the garden will increase the level of elements necessary for the growth and nutrition of plants in the soil.
The use of sawdust allows:
- Make the soil looser and more breathable.
- Refuse additional loosening due to the absence of a soil crust.
- Significantly reduce the amount of weed in the beds.
- Preserve precious moisture in the soil.
The use of sawdust without additional processing is allowed only for covering row spacings, near-trunk circles and soil areas free of vegetation. Layer thickness 6-8 cm.
Based on the foregoing, the most common use of sawdust is for loosening the soil. When it gets into the ground, wood waste with the help of soil microflora begins to actively decompose.
This leads to a number of problems:
- In the process of decomposition of hemicellulose, there is a significant decrease in the level of nitrogen and phosphorus in the soil.
- softwood saws in their composition contain a large amount of resinous substances that slow down the development of most plants.
To solve the first problem, the impregnation of sawdust with mineral fertilizers, and specifically with a solution of urea, will help.
Do not use softwood shavings as mulch and fertilizer.
When using wood waste in the garden and in the garden, most owners of summer cottages are interested in whether sawdust acidifies the soil? The answer is yes, they acidify and very noticeably. If this material is used incorrectly, be prepared for the fact that on your land plot the yields of vegetable, fruit and ornamental crops will significantly decrease.
This problem is relatively easy to solve. So how to deoxidize sawdust? Before use, it is necessary to soak the shavings with an alkaline solution, for example, sodium nitrate. Superphosphate, regular chalk, lime, ash or dolomite flour can be used as a deoxidizer.
It is important to understand that the introduction of sawdust into the soil before winter will not give positive results, except for improving its structure, without additional processing of the material with specialized nitrogen EM-preparations, which will accelerate the overheating of the sawdust and neutralize the negative effect on the soil.
Description: Meet: BIOSE!
Pilot project for the production of safe multipurpose compost, universal soil BIOSEM. Show in full.
We all want to be healthy. We want our children to be healthy. And we know: man is what he eats. Food should not only be tasty, but also healthy. Together with vegetables and fruits, you don't want to eat nitrogen, phosphorus, etc., and along with meat you don't want to receive a dose of medications. Therefore, it is important for us what happened to the products before they came to our table, how these products were grown, how the soil was fertilized, how the animals were fed.
In this group we talk about a new type of fertilizer. The production of the BIOSEOM product has existed for a little over two years. The product was invented in the early 2000s. He passed serious, many years of testing. But before there was nowhere to buy it. Now, finally, BIOSEM has become available in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region and has already pleased those who have tried it on their site, in the garden, on the farm.
BIOZEM is not chemistry. This is a biological soil. Simply put, BIOSEM is a mixture of peat and chicken manure. But fear not! There is no unpleasant smell and never will be! BIOZEM is a completely new technology: first, peat is mixed with chicken droppings in a certain proportion, then the mixture is put into a biofermenter, in which the air supply is regulated, and within 7 days due to self-heating, the mixture turns into multi-purpose compost (CMP).
KMN is a certified product, it can be stored outdoors without packaging and in packaging, transported in bulk and in prepackaged containers, it is absolutely safe for people and animals, insects and rodents do not start in it, there are no weed plant seeds, it can be used as bedding material for keeping animals, possessing antibacterial properties, and also as an additive for fattening animals.